Smartphone photography is getting more and more popular as photo apps for iPhone are easier and more fun to use. With so many apps available, the question is: what is the best one? Based on users’ reviews and personal rating, we’ve put together the following top selection of best photo editing apps for iPhone in 2015. Enjoy cropping, adding filters and effects, as well as personalizing and sharing your photos with the following amazing updated photo apps!
What Is the Best Photo Editing App for iPhone?
Camera + – New Version 6.3.1
Developer: tap tap tap LLC.
Compatible Platform: iPad, iPod touch. This photo editing app for iPhone requires iOS 7.0. The new version dates July 1st, 2015.
Camera + is a simple, yet pretty advance app to use which brings it a well-deserved place in our round-up of best photo editing apps for iPhone this year.
- It has the performance of a SLR camera allowing you to see what aperture and shutter speed values you use.
- Amazing visual design.
- Outstanding exposure control and focus.
- Advanced digital processing.
- 6 x digital zoom.
- The front flash allows you to take pictures in low light conditions.
- The image Stabilizer provides you with incredibly sharp pictures.
- Dozens of effects to experiment with.
- Sharing options for Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, or email.
- Sync option to synchronise your photos on all your devices.
- You can personalize your shots with a variety of fun captions.
- It still has a few bugs that couldn’t be fixed on its recent update.
Google Photos – New Version 1.2.0
Developer: Google, Inc.
Compatible Platform: iPad, iPod touch. Nowoptimized for iPhone 5/ 6/ 6 Plus.
Updated on August 20, 2015, Google Photos is the app that helps you not only edit your shots, but also organize your photos and videos by location. Plus, the new version comes with the possibility of sharing animations directly to Facebook as well as saving them as videos to share on Whatsapp and Instagram.
- The design of this photo app is both nice and functional.
- It offers storage solutions for your pics.
- Excellent synchronisation. The auto upload setting from all your devices is pretty amazing. Anything you edit on one devise will appear on all others.
- Your photos are searchable if organized by key-words such as people, places etc.
- One of the nice updates is the ‘Rediscover this day in your past’
- Users have been complaining about taking a long time to upload pics and video.
- The video editing settings are not as advanced as the ones other apps offer.
Snapseed – New Version 2.0.3
Developer: Google, Inc.
Compatible Platform: iPad, iPod touch. The new version of this photo editing app for iPhone requires iOS 8.0.
You will find Snapseed in many round-ups of best photo editing apps for iPhone spread across the web. Why? The app has a user-friendly interface, and great, easy-to-use editing features. Last update: July 20, 2015.
- Ideal for simple photo retouch.
- Innovative range of filters – Blur, Glamour Glow, Tonal Contrast and a few more, which make editing fun and easy.
- Straightforward menu with settings such as: Transform, Crop, Vignette, Rotate etc.
- The updated version brings a brush allowing to edit pics with a finer tip size & deeper zoom.
- Build-in Google + sharing options.
- Language support in 32 languages, from English, Danish, German to Arabic, Polish, Malay and Thai.
- Download may not be available in certain countries.
Instagram – New Version 7.4
Developer: Instagram, Inc.
Compatible Platform: iPad, iPod touch. The recently updated version requires iOS 7.0. This app is optimized for the latest iPhone model.
Instagram still is one of the most popular and best photo editing apps for iPhone in 2015. If you wonder why users continue to be thrilled by it, note that it features a series of major updates as for August 17, 2015.
- Updated content that provides you with a real-time look at what your friends share.
- Trending tags ideal for social media addicts.
- Simple features to help you transform your smartphone shots into fabulous pics to share.
- Occasional crashes that have not been fixed.
VSCO CAM – New Version 4.3.3
Compatible Platform: iPod Touch, iPad. The app is especially optimized for iPhone 5/ 6/ 6 Plus and requires at least iOS 8.
VSCO CAM is one of the most appealing photo editing apps for iPhone. From the view point of user experience is one of the best loved photo apps out there.
- The new version, updated on August 19, 2015, comes with language support for Chinese, Spanish, German, Korean, Portuguese, Indonesian, and Russian.
- Advanced filters, editing and sharing options you will enjoy using.
- Intuitive interface &
- As compared to other photo apps for iPhone like Instagram, it lack the social interaction opportunities.
Pixlr Express – Photo Editing & Effects
Developer: Prakash Singh
Released: May 25, 2015.
A nice app for both amateur and more experienced users when it comes to photo editing apps.
- Quick and easy to use photo editing app offering a wide range of photo adjustments: Brightness, Saturation, Hue, Contrast, Mirror, Crop etc.
- Ideal for image correction.
- This photo apps has 44 filters and tons of textures.
- You can share your pics on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, as well as via email.
Adobe Photoshop Express – New Version 3.5.2
Compatible Platform: iPad.
For the Advanced Pack you have to pay $4.99, or you can choose the Adobe Effect Pack for $2.99.
If you are a Photoshop fan, photo editing has never been easier. This photo app is fun and fast and has plenty of features to help you get better-looking pics taken on your smartphone.
- The app provides users with both basic and more advanced features.
- Popular features: remove red eye, and pet eye; remove spots, dirt and dust; boarders and frames; eye-catching effects; import photos in raw format.
- It reduces noise, adjusts intensity, and clears fog easily.
- You can get one-touch filters and many more advanced controls at a very affordable price.
- The version has a bug for which the app may be unresponsive at times.
Photo Editor – New Version 4.2.1
Developer: Axiem Systems
Compatible Platform: iPad, iPod touch. Of course, it is optimized for iPhone 5/ 6/ 6 Plus.
Price: FREE. However, you can get effect packs for $1: Vintage, Portrait, Grunge, Wanderlust, Toy Camera, Moustache Stickers and many more.
Ready to apply amazing effects and stickers to your shots? Updated on March 2nd, 2015, Photo Editor is a top photo editing app especially designed for both iPhone and iPad.
- It has all the basic editing tools a user needs: crop, rotate, remove red eye, blemish remover, focus, vignette, sharpen, blur etc.
- Smooth and user-friendly interface.
- It allows you to import and export images at high resolution.
- Great range of effects from mix-and-match filters to Black & White splash.
- It duplicates photos. Once you’ve finished editing, it keeps the original too.
PicLab HD – Design Studio – New Version 1.27
Developer: MuseWorks, Inc.
Compatible Platform: iPad, iPod touch. Optimized for iPhone 5, last updated on October 23, 2014.
One of the best photo editing apps for iPhone, PicLab HD will help your turn your shots into little pieces of art. This app is a powerful editing tool offering a wide range of filters, adjustment options and frames.
- Adding text – it has a great selection of fonts, and you can apply all kinds of transformations to your text.
- Make your pics beautiful artworks with the variety of illustrations, design elements and distinctive ornaments.
- It helps you achieve high quality pics due to its increased output resolution.
- It is not social media-oriented as compared to Instagram and other photo apps for iPhone. So, it doesn’t promise the joy of sharing.
- It is limited to English users as far as the support languages provided.
All photo editing apps for iPhone reviewed above can be downloaded from iTunes Apple Store online. The majority are free, so why not try out as many as you can?
Image Sources: iTunes – Screenshots of Photo Apps.
I hope you enjoyed our round-up of best photo editing apps for iPhone. What is your favorite app? If you have found better alternatives and wish to share your review, or experience, you’re more than welcome to contact us! Let us know in the comments what you like and dislike about your current photo app. Cheers!
Leave a Reply